3.21.2006

Giving it to God for HIS Best

Yesterday I applied for a full-time position as a library clerk. I've always wanted this type of job...God knows that. That's the most important part. God knows what my heart desires. He also knows what is best for me at this exact moment. I have to remember that while I struggle with the thought that there were so many other applications for the job that the library had to remove the job posting. Thoughts fill my mind... "What if I don't get the job?" "I might not have been the best applicant..." "Maybe I should have done a more professional job on my application rather than 'just being me...'" These are hard thoughts to struggle with. I've never "applied" for a job before. The jobs I have, have all been my employers seeking *me* out. And that's a nice thought.

But now it's time to move on. It's time for me to get started with something full-time, with steady hours. And that requires me searching- not the other way around. It requires me being vulnerable to being turned down- even for the simplest job, because someone else more qualified in some way might get the job.

My Father Knows Best.

With the idea of becoming a library clerk, I had temporarily set aside the idea of 24 Pink Street. Maybe that will blossom- quickly, hopefully :)- if the library clerk position does not come to be.

No comments: